Create Your Own Linux Based Operating System
Doesn't it be great that you have your own linux based operating system with your choice of logo, name, softwares, etc.
Here's the tutorials for those who is looking for building operating system.
There is no required of coding. No need to be a programmer. No need to be a developer.
By following the below steps you are able to create your own linux based operating system :
Create Your Own Linux Based Operating System:
1. Open Browser and navigate to SUSE Studio
2. Click on " Sign in or create an account " to proceed further
3. Create an account or simply select your other account to login in susestudio, here i am selecting google account
5. Select base templates, i have selected GNOME Desktop but you can choose any of them according to your need and requirements. Scroll down the page and select System Architecture and give Name of your choice to your operating system. And click on " Create Appliance"
6. Click on " Switch to the Softwate Tab to continue "
7. This is the stage where you have to select the packages for your operating system.
Click on " Recommended" to see the recommended packages. Also see the Software Groups to know more about packages that you need
8. Click on "Add " to add the package to your operating system
9. Goto " Configuration Tab " to configure settings of your operating system
10. In Configuration Tab, goto "Personalize" for changing the logo of your choice and wallpapers
11. Goto next tab " Startup Tab ", here you can give your own End User License Agreement (EULA). If you dont want to give EULA than simply leave it blank
12. In " Server Tab ", if you are working with database than simply tick this two options and upload the database in .bz2 format only
13. In " Appliance Tab ", it deals with the hardware configuration like RAM, Partitions, etc. It is recommended for the new user to stay with the default values
14. Goto " Scripts Tab ", tick the options if you want to run the scripts at startup of your operating system. Leave it as it is if you dont want to run the scripts at startup
15. In next tab " Files ", you can upload files from the cloud or from the system.
16. In " Build Tab ", select format for your linux based operating system. Here i am choosing .vmdk extension because i need this OS to be in my VMware. Click on " Build " to proceed
17. Finally your linux based operating system starts building and you can download your OS when it gets completed
NOTE: Size of your operating system depends on the pakcages you seleted. If you will not download your OS within sevendays than it gets deleted from the server and you have to build it up from beginning.
If you want me to make tutorial on your topic or have any doubt than please feel free to contact me. I will try my best to solve your problem.