Installing Metasploitable 2 in VMware Player
Metaploitable 2 is an intentionally vulnerable linux virtual machine. This VM is used to conduct security training, test security tools and practice common penetration testing techniques.
The default username and password is " msfadmin "
Please Never expose this vulnerable VM to an untrusted network.
To contact the Developer's, email - email@example.com
Installing Metasploitable 2
1. Download Metasploitable 2
2. After downloading, extract the files to any location
3. Open VMware and go to "Files" > "Open" and navigate to metasploitable 2 folder which you have extracted
4. Click on "Power on this virtual machine"
5. Click on "I Copied It"
6. After booting, metaploitable 2 will ask you for the username and password. Default username is "msfadmin " and password is " msfadmin "
Note : password field will not show anything you type but it is hidden as this is for security reasons and after typing password press "Enter" to proceed
7. type " ifconfig" to see the ip address of metasploitable 2 and note the ip address as this is vulnerable server
8. Now open Kali Linux and open browser(Iceweasel) and type the ip address
In order to close the metaploitable 2 right click on tab, goto "Power" > "Poweroff"